Over on the B&N Sci-Fi and Fantasy Blog (and on The Once & Future Podcast), we just announced one of my 2015 anthologies: An anthology of climate change fiction called Loosed Upon the World. It will be published August 25, 2015 by Simon & Schuster’s Saga Press imprint.
This is the definitive collection of climate fiction from John Joseph Adams, the acclaimed editor of The Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy and Wastelands. These provocative stories explore our present and speculate about all of our tomorrows through terrifying struggle, and hope.
Join the bestselling authors Margaret Atwood, Paolo Bacigalupi, Nancy Kress, Kim Stanley Robinson, Jim Shepard, and over twenty others as they presciently explore the greatest threat to our future.
This is a collection that will challenge readers to look at the world they live in as if for the first time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Shooting the Apocalypse—Paolo Bacigalupi
- The Myth of Rain—Seanan McGuire
- Outer Rims—Toiya Kristen Finley
- Kheldyu—Karl Schroeder
- The Snows of Yesteryear—Jean-Louis Trudel
- A Hundred Hundred Daisies—Nancy Kress
- The Rainy Season—Tobias S. Buckell
- The Netherlands Lives With Water—Jim Shepard
- The Precedent—Sean McMullen
- Hot Sky—Robert Silverberg
- That Creeping Sensation—Alan Dean Foster
- Truth or Consequences—Kim Stanley Robinson
- Entanglement—Vandana Singh
- Staying Afloat—Angela Penrose
- Eighth Wonder—Chris Bachelder
- Eagle—Gregory Benford
- Outliers—Nicole Feldringer
- Quiet Town—Jason Gurley
- The Day It All Ended—Charlie Jane Anders
- The Smog Society—Chen Qiufan (translated by Ken Liu & Carmen Yiling Yan)
- Racing the Tide—Craig DeLancey
- Mutant Stag at Horn Creek—Sarah Castle
- Hot Rods—Cat Sparks
- The Tamarisk Hunter—Paolo Bacigalupi
- Mitigation—Tobias Buckell & Karl Schroeder
- Time Capsule Found on the Dead Planet—Margaret Atwood
- AFTERWORD: Science Scarier Than Fiction—Ramez Naam
PRE-ORDER THE BOOK: