Famine. Death. War. Pestilence. These are the harbingers of the biblical apocalypse, of the End of the World. In science fiction, the end is triggered by less figurative means: nuclear holocaust, biological warfare/pandemic, ecological disaster, or cosmological cataclysm.
But before any catastrophe, there are people who see it coming. During, there are heroes who fight against it. And after, there are the survivors who persevere and try to rebuild.
THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH will tell their stories.
Edited by acclaimed anthologist John Joseph Adams and bestselling author Hugh Howey, THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH is a series of three anthologies of apocalyptic fiction. THE END IS NIGH focuses on life before the apocalypse. THE END IS NOW turns its attention to life during the apocalypse. And THE END HAS COME focuses on life after the apocalypse.
THE END HAS COME features all-new, never-before-published works by Hugh Howey, Seanan McGuire, Ken Liu, Carrie Vaughn, Mira Grant, Jamie Ford, Tananarive Due, Jonathan Maberry, Robin Wasserman, Nancy Kress, Charlie Jane Anders, Elizabeth Bear, Ben H. Winters, Scott Sigler, and many others.
THE END IS NIGH is about the match.
THE END IS NOW is about the conflagration.
THE END HAS COME is about what will rise from the ashes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INTRODUCTION—John Joseph Adams
- BANNERLESS—Carrie Vaughn
- LIKE ALL BEAUTIFUL PLACES—Megan Arkenberg
- DANCING WITH A STRANGER IN THE LAND OF NOD—Will McIntosh
- THE SEVENTH DAY OF DEER CAMP—Scott Sigler
- PROTOTYPE—Sarah Langan
- ACTS OF CREATION—Chris Avellone
- RESISTANCE—Seanan McGuire
- WANDERING STAR—Leife Shallcross
- HEAVEN COME DOWN—Ben H. Winters
- AGENT NEUTRALIZED—David Wellington
- GOODNIGHT EARTH—Annie Bellet
- CARRIERS—Tananarive Due
- IN THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF THE PROMISED LAND—Robin Wasserman
- THE UNCERTAINTY MACHINE—Jamie Ford
- MARGIN OF SURVIVAL—Elizabeth Bear
- JINGO AND THE HAMMERMAN—Jonathan Maberry
- THE LAST MOVIE EVER MADE—Charlie Jane Anders
- THE GRAY SUNRISE—Jake Kerr
- THE GODS HAVE NOT DIED IN VAIN—Ken Liu
- THE HAPPIEST PLACE . . .—Mira Grant
- IN THE WOODS—Hugh Howey
- BLESSINGS—Nancy Kress
- Cover Art by Julian Aguilar Faylona
- Cover Design by Jason Gurley
THE END HAS COME is now available!