I recently sold off my book collection, and now I just need to do the same with my comics.
I’m selling my old house back in New Jersey, and that means I need to find a new home for all the comics I left behind, which have been in storage the last couple of years. It worked out well when I posted about selling my books, so I thought I’d also just post this note as well, in the hopes that these can find a good home.
Note: You’d have to make arrangements to pick them up yourself; I can’t ship them anywhere unless you want to pay a ton of postage costs! The comics are located in Perth Amboy, NJ (which is just across the bridge from Staten Island).
1. Looks like long boxes typically have between 200-225 bagged/boarded comics. I have 6 full long boxes available, which means there’s about 1300 comics. Plus there’s a 7th box that is about 1/3 full.
2. These are mostly from 1990 – 1996 or so.
3. The vast majority of the books have been bagged and boarded and read with care, but they have all been read, and though they were read carefully they were not handled with gloves or anything, so I would say they’re probably in “good” condition for the most part, though some may be better (or worse) than that.
4. It’s entirely possible there’s some rare valuable gem in the mix. I don’t really remember what all is in there.
5. You can see what comics are in there more or less by looking at these photos my mom took for me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slushgod/sets/72157635689757444 (Apologies for the quality.) FWIW, the title cards are BEHIND the comics, so if you see a title card that says HULK, all of the comics in FRONT of the title card are HULK books. There’s also a few books I had not bagged or in boxes that are photographed individually in the set.
I’m looking for $100 for the lot. If you’re interested–and remember, you’d need to go pick them up in Perth Amboy, NJ–please email me.