This year’s Hugo Awards nomination period is now open. The 2017 Hugo Awards will be presented in Helsinki, Finland during Worldcon 75 (Aug. 9-13, 2017). Nominations close on March 17, 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time.
Anyone who is a voting member of the 2016, 2017, or 2018 Worldcons by January 31, 2017 is eligible to nominate. You may nominate only once, regardless of how many of those three Worldcons you are a member. [Become a member of Worldcon 75.]
Nominations may be submitted through the online ballot. If you’re registered (or once you register) Worldcon 75 will send you a link via email that will allow you to vote. (There’s no PIN system this year.)
To assist you in finding material to nominate, I’ve assembled this post to list everything that I worked on in 2016. I’ve included the Destroy special issues here, though on those I was only publisher (not editor).
- Most of Lightspeed‘s original fiction from 2016 is available online (and also much of the 2016 original fiction is available as a podcast).
- Most of Nightmare‘s original fiction from 2016 is available online (and also much of the 2016 original fiction is available as a podcast).
- Selected stories from Fantasy’s POC Destroy Fantasy! Special Issue are available online.
- Selected stories from What the #@&% is That? are available online.
- Selected stories from Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2016 are available online.
If you are planning and eligible to vote for the Hugos this year, if you email me proof of your Worldcon membership (i.e., your name is listed on the Worldcon website as an attending member, or the email confirmation or receipt you received when you purchased your membership, etc.) I would be happy to make some additional 2016 material I edited available to you in digital format.
After the jump, you’ll find all of the 2016 eligible stories/authors that either appeared in Lightspeed or Nightmare, or in projects I’m otherwise affiliated with. Everything is sorted into their proper Hugo categories. In the interest of clarity (and to avoid the confusion that perhaps I’ve left something off the list by accident), I’ve listed some items that are ineligible and have them struckthrough to indicate their ineligibility.