To go behind the scenes of the creation of their stories, the editors did a series of interviews with the contributors to Oz Reimagined, in which they discuss the inspirations and background of their stories, and also their takes on the appeal of Oz and what some of their favorite memories of Oz are.
The interview series began on January 7 with an interview with Jonathan Maberry. Other interviews are scheduled to appear periodically leading up to the release of the book on February 26, 2013, and will include most of the authors appearing in the anthology, including Jane Yolen, Seanan McGuire, Robin Wasserman, and more.
If you’d like to ensure you see all of the interviews, and see any news or updates related to the anthology, you can subscribe to the site’s RSS feed, or you can just visit the Author Interviews category here on the site.
- INTERVIEW: Douglas Cohen Interviewed by the Odyssey Writing Workshop
- INTERVIEW: Galen Dara, Illustrator of Oz Reimagined
- INTERVIEW: Seanan McGuire, Author of “Emeralds to Emeralds, Dust to Dust”
- INTERVIEW: Jeffrey Ford, Author of “A Meeting in Oz”
- INTERVIEW: Robin Wasserman, Author of “One Flew Over the Rainbow”
- INTERVIEW: David Farland, Author of “Dead Blue”
- INTERVIEW: Rachel Swirsky, Author of “Beyond the Naked Eye”
- INTERVIEW: Simon R. Green, Author of “Dorothy Dreams”
- INTERVIEW: Kat Howard, Author of “A Tornado of Dorothys”
- INTERVIEW: Rae Carson & C.C. Finlay, Authors of “The Great Zeppelin Heist of Oz”
- INTERVIEW: Dale Bailey, Author of “City So Bright”
- INTERVIEW: Jane Yolen, Author of “Blown Away”
- INTERVIEW: Ken Liu, Author of “The Veiled Shanghai”
- INTERVIEW: Theodora Goss, Author of “Lost Girls of Oz”
- INTERVIEW: Jonathan Maberry, Author of “The Cobbler of Oz”