In case you missed the first volume of The Living Dead, here’s some accolades that anthology received. Advance praise for Volume 2 will be forthcoming soon!
• Nominated for the World Fantasy Award for best anthology
• “A superb reprint anthology that runs the gamut of zombie stories. Great storytelling for zombie fans as well as newcomers.” — Publishers Weekly (Starred Review); named one of PW’s best books of 2008.
• “The best selection of zombie fiction I’ve ever encountered.” — Book Spot Central
• “The best collection of zombie fiction stories ever. One of my all-time favorite short story collections.” — Paul Goat Allen, Barnes & Noble.com
• “Believe the hype. The Living Dead is absolutely the best zombie anthology I’ve ever read (and I’ve read many)…If you have even a vague interest in zombie fiction, you MUST buy this book.” — HorrorScope
• “YOU NEED THIS BOOK! As terrific a short story collection as I’ve ever encountered, The Living Dead gathers together 34 of the cleverest, creepiest and most brain-freezing zombie tales. These are not your grandpa’s Late Late Show walking dead, either, but direct descendants of the modern post-Romero gut-ripping, intestine-crunching undead hordes. A collection to die for—or with.” — Joe Dante, award-winning director of Gremlins & Homecoming.
• “The Living Dead contains stories of heartbreak, drama, and man’s eternal struggle against himself. The focus doesn’t fall squarely on violence and horror, which earns it a place among the best of zombie fiction. Not a book to be ignored, it demands a read through—maybe a couple.” — Robert Kirkman, writer of The Walking Dead and Marvel Zombies