Under the Moons of Mars includes the following stories and illustrations.
- Foreword by Tamora Pierce
- Introduction by John Joseph Adams
- The Metal Men of Mars by Joe R. Lansdale
—Illustrated by Gregory Manchess
- Three Deaths by David Barr Kirtley
—Illustrated by Charles Vess
- The Ape-Man of Mars by Peter S. Beagle
—Illustrated by Jeremy Bastian
- A Tinker of Warhoon by Tobias S. Buckell
—Illustrated by Chrissie Zullo
- Vengeance of Mars by Robin Wasserman
—Illustrated by Misako Rocks!
- Woola’s Song by Theodora Goss
—Illustrated by Joe Sutphin
- The River Gods of Mars by Austin Grossman
—Illustrated by Meinert Hansen
- The Bronze Man of Mars by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
—Illustrated by Tom Daly
- A Game of Mars by Genevieve Valentine
—Illustrated by Molly Crabapple
- Sidekick of Mars by Garth Nix
—Illustrated by Mike Cavallaro
- The Ghost That Haunts the Superstition Mountains by Chris Claremont
—Illustrated by John Picacio
- The Jasoom Project by S. M. Stirling
—Illustrated by Jeff Carlisle
- Coming of Age in Barsoom by Catherynne M. Valente
—Illustrated by Michael Wm. Kaluta
- The Death Song of Dwar Guntha by Jonathan Maberry
—Illustrated by Daren Bader
- Appendix: A Barsoomian Gazetteer, or, Who’s Who and What’s What on Mars by Richard A. Lupoff
Visit the Free Reads page to read selections from the anthology. You can also visit the Artist & Authors Interviews page where, as the title suggests, you can read interviews with the authors and artists; or, you can visit the Art Gallery to sample the artwork featured in the anthology.