The second volume of The Apocalypse Triptych, THE END IS NOW, is now on sale. As you probably know, this is the second of a series of three anthologies I’m co-editing/publishing with Wool-author Hugh Howey.
If you’re one of the readers who read and enjoyed volume one: Thank you! We’re glad to see you returning for volume two. You made the first volume a resounding success, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with both how well the book’s done in the marketplace—it got all the way up to #11 on the Amazon bestseller list—and with how well it’s been received by readers and critics.
If you’re a reader who has not read The End is Nigh: Welcome! And fear not: You needn’t have read the first volume in order to enjoy the stories in this one. Although several of the stories in The End is Now are continuations of storylines that began in The End is Nigh, we’re confident that the authors have provided sufficient context that you can jump into these stories without any prior knowledge.
Buy the Book
You can buy THE END IS NOW right now in the following formats:
- Amazon (Kindle)
- Kobo (December 1, 2014)
- Nook (December 1, 2014)
- JohnJosephAdams.com (December 1, 2014)
- Trade Paperback
- Audiobook (September 15, 2014)
Famine. Death. War. Pestilence. These are the harbingers of the biblical apocalypse, of the End of the World. In science fiction, the end is triggered by less figurative means: nuclear holocaust, biological warfare/pandemic, ecological disaster, or cosmological cataclysm.
But before any catastrophe, there are people who see it coming. During, there are heroes who fight against it. And after, there are the survivors who persevere and try to rebuild.
THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH will tell their stories.
Edited by acclaimed anthologist John Joseph Adams and bestselling author Hugh Howey, The Apocalypse Triptych is a series of three anthologies of apocalyptic fiction. THE END IS NIGH focuses on life before the apocalypse. THE END IS NOW turns its attention to life during the apocalypse. And THE END HAS COME explores life after the apocalypse.
THE END IS NIGH is about the match.
THE END HAS COME is about what will rise from the ashes.
THE END IS NOW is about the conflagration.
Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION—John Joseph Adams
- HERD IMMUNITY—Tananarive Due
- THE SIXTH DAY OF DEER CAMP—Scott Sigler
- GOODNIGHT STARS—Annie Bellet
- ROCK MANNING CAN’T HEAR YOU—Charlie Jane Anders
- FRUITING BODIES—Seanan McGuire
- BLACK MONDAY—Sarah Langan
- ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE—Nancy Kress
- AGENT ISOLATED—David Wellington
- THE GODS WILL NOT BE SLAIN—Ken Liu
- YOU’VE NEVER SEEN EVERYTHING—Elizabeth Bear
- BRING THEM DOWN—Ben H. Winters
- TWILIGHT OF THE MUSIC MACHINES—Megan Arkenberg
- SUNSET HOLLOW—Jonathan Maberry
- PENANCE—Jake Kerr
- AVTOMAT—Daniel H. Wilson
- DANCING WITH BATGIRL IN THE LAND OF NOD—Will McIntosh
- BY THE HAIR OF THE MOON—Jamie Ford
- TO WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD—Desirina Boskovich
- IN THE MOUNTAIN—Hugh Howey
- DEAR JOHN—Robin Wasserman
Volume One Ebook Discounted!
THE END IS NIGH, of course, is ALSO still available, and now the ebook is available at the discounted price of $4.99.
- Trade Paperback