NEWS: WHAT THE #@&% IS THAT? Ebook Discounted to $3.99 for a Limited Time!
WHAT THE #@&% IS THAT? is currently discounted to $3.99 in all ebook formats:
So now’s a great time to pick up the anthology if you haven’t already! In case you missed out, here’s what some critics have been saying about it:
- If you’re looking for a read (or lots of reads, as the case may be) that’s equally fun, scary, and thought-provoking, then What the #@&% Is That? will be up your alley. With editors as experienced as John Joseph Adams and Douglas Cohen, I’d be surprised if most horror/sci-fi fans don’t enjoy it. The only rating I could possibly give the book is five [out of five] stars —Dread Central
- [An] amazing collection […] ranging from hilarious to truly terrifying […] a great option to hand to horror fans. —Booklist
- A genuinely chilling, wildly imaginative collection […] At once timely and timelessly unique, [this anthology] is sure to have genre fans enthralled. [Top Pick, 4.5 Star Rating] —RT Book Reviews
- This anthology’s fusion of literary horror and emotional/psychological depth will appeal to readers tired of formulaic genre fiction. —Library Journal (starred review)
- A really intriguing, spooky anthology [with] an incredible table of contents. —The Verge
- If you derive any sort of pleasure from the grotesque, the fanciful, the freakish and unnatural, buy this book. —Intergalactic Medicine Show
- [A] particularly clever horror collection […] A collection of tales that are clever, chilling, and #@&%ing weird. […] Old and new favorites trying to break new and bizarre ground here, making it an incredibly enjoyable read from the dedication page (“For Cthulhu…”) on. [Editor’s Pick as one of The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy Collections and Anthologies of 2016] —Barnes & Noble
Additionally, it’s worth noting that the anthology includes “The Bad Hour” by Christopher Golden, which was a finalist for the Stoker Award, and “Little Widow” by Maria Dahvana Headley, which is a current finalist for the World Fantasy Award.