This year’s World Fantasy Awards nomination period is now open.
The World Fantasy Awards will be presented in Baltimore, MD during the World Fantasy Convention (Nov. 1-4). Deadline for nominating is and ballots must be received by May 31, 2018.
All registered members of the 2016 World Fantasy Convention, the 2017 World Fantasy Convention, and the 2018 event in Baltimore will be eligible to vote before the deadline. If you didn’t attend one of the previously mentioned World Fantasy conventions, and you don’t plan to attend this year, you can still nominate by purchasing a supporting membership.
Already registered? Go and nominate your favorite works! Voting information is available on the World Fantasy Convention 2018 website.
To assist you in finding material to nominate, I’ve assembled this post to list everything that I worked on in 2017.
- All of Lightspeed’s original fiction from 2017 is available online (and also much of the 2017 original fiction is available as a podcast).
- All of Nightmare’s original fiction from 2017 is available online (and also much of the 2017 original fiction is available as a podcast).
After the jump, you’ll find all of the 2017 eligible stories/authors that either appeared in Lightspeed or Nightmare, or in projects I’m otherwise affiliated with. Everything is sorted into their proper World Fantasy categories. In the interest of clarity, I’ve eliminated any science fiction from these lists, as SF is not eligible for the World Fantasy Award.
- Creatures of Will and Temper by Molly Tanzer (John Joseph Adams Books, November 2017)
Long Fiction (10,000 – 40,000 words)
- “The Dragon of Dread Peak” by Jeremiah Tolbert (23,800 words, Lightspeed)
- “You Will Always Have Family: A Triptych” by Kathleen Kayembe (11,400 words, Nightmare)
Short Fiction (under 10,000 words)
- Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2017, guest editor Charles Yu, series editor John Joseph Adams (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- Machine Learning by Hugh Howey (John Joseph Adams Books, October 2017)
- Eduardo Recife, Creatures of Will and Temper
- Alan Bao, Lightspeed covers: [Feb. 2017, Sep. 2017]
- Galen Dara, Lightspeed covers: [Jan. 2017, Nov. 2017]
- Randy Gallegos, Lightspeed covers: [Jun. 2017]
- Sam Schechter, Lightspeed covers: [May 2017]
Special Award, Professional
- John Joseph Adams (publishing and editing Lightspeed Magazine & Nightmare Magazine; editing anthologies and novels)
- Stefan Rudnicki & Gabrielle de Cuir (of Skyboat Media, for audiobook production/narration & producing the Lightspeed and Nightmare podcasts)
- The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast (Host: David Barr Kirtley, Producer: John Joseph Adams)